If you`re in the process of hiring a medical office assistant, it`s crucial to have a comprehensive contract in place to protect both parties. By clearly outlining the terms of employment, you can avoid any confusion or misunderstandings down the road.
A medical office assistant contract should include the following elements:
1. Job duties: Clearly define the tasks and responsibilities of the medical office assistant. This will help avoid any confusion about what is expected of them.
2. Compensation: Specify the amount of pay and how often it will be paid. Include any benefits, such as healthcare coverage or paid time off.
3. Hours and schedule: Indicate the expected work hours and schedule. This includes the start and end time, as well as any breaks or lunch periods.
4. Termination and renewal: Explain the conditions under which the contract can be terminated by either party and how much notice is required. Also, include any renewal terms if applicable.
5. Confidentiality and non-compete clauses: Include a clause that prohibits the medical office assistant from sharing any confidential information about the office or its patients. Additionally, include a non-compete clause that prevents the assistant from working with a competitor for a certain period of time.
6. Other policies and procedures: Address any other relevant policies and procedures, such as dress code or time off requests.
Here`s a sample medical office assistant contract to get you started:
MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT CONTRACT
This contract (“Agreement”) is entered into on [date] between [medical office name] (“Employer”) and [employee name] (“Employee”).
Job Duties. Employee shall perform the following duties:
– Scheduling appointments
– Answering phone calls and emails
– Greeting patients and directing them to the appropriate areas
– Updating patient files and records
– Assisting with insurance claims and billing
Compensation. Employee shall be paid [hourly/salary rate] and receive [benefit information]. Payment shall be made [how often payment is made, such as weekly or bi-weekly].
Hours and Schedule. Employee shall work [hours and days of the week] with breaks and lunch periods as determined by Employer.
Termination and Renewal. This Agreement may be terminated by either party for any reason with [amount of notice required]. This Agreement may be renewed by mutual agreement of Employer and Employee.
Confidentiality and Non-Compete. Employee shall not disclose any confidential information about the office or its patients. Employee shall not work for a competitor within [length of time] after termination of this Agreement.
Other Policies and Procedures. Employee shall adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by Employer, including but not limited to [list of policies and procedures].
This Agreement constitutes the entire understanding between Employer and Employee and supersedes all prior negotiations and understandings. This Agreement may not be modified except in writing and signed by both parties.
Employer Signature: _______________________
Employee Signature: _______________________